Friday, April 27, 2018

Audio Issues, Editing, Distribution, and More

After having to do a quick re-edit in order to get Episode 3 up, I decided to do a bit more research into the audio side of things. I watched a few videos dealing with my audio editing application of choice, Audacity (because it's free), and I think I now have at least some of those issues figured out.

As a result, Episode 4 (dropping next week) should sound better, or at least the audio should be a bit more consistent from start to finish. The audio will also hopefully improve as I produce more episodes.

Speaking of episodes, I finished the initial edit of Episode 4 today. I'll be giving it a listen early next week to make sure everything sounds as good as I can make it and will then post it on Anchor.fm (the mother ship, as it were).

I originally planned to post new episodes on the 10th and the 25th of each month, but I've already jumped the gun on that. I then, mentally at least, changed the schedule to the 5th and 20th of the month.

Now, however, I think I am going to go with a specific day of the week. For now, the plan is to post new episodes on the first and third Friday of the month. If I am able to schedule things out several interviews, then Measured Voices may move to a weekly schedule, with episodes posting every Friday.

On the subject of distribution, if you happen to use the Castbox podcast app, you can find Measured Voices there. We're also available now on Google Play Music, iTunes, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Stitcher Radio, and of course, Anchor. The podcast has also been submitted to Spotify, so that will hopefully be an option soon.

I also have a new mixer to use for producing Measured Voices, which will hopefully add some flexibility if not quality to the podcast.

Don't forget to reach out, here on the blog, on Facebook, on Twitter (@MeasuredVoices), or via email (measuredvoices at gmail.com) if you have questions, comments, or suggestions (such as if you have an Idaho songwriter you'd like to have featured). Keep listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Episode 39 - One Last Look Back

Episode 39 of the podcast is now available for your aural enjoyment. It marks the end of our look back. In all, there have been 34 episod...